- Busy Half-Term Ahead:
Busy Half-Term Ahead:
6 June 2017 (by j.rosano)
Your help & support is needed - please read!
We hope you have had a lovely break and are ready for the super busy half-term ahead. The School Calendar is filling up steadily with all the key dates coming up. Please check this regularly (either via SchoolCal or the School Website). Key dates are highlighted here but for dates relating to specific year groups please do check the calendars. This half-term school needs your help and support - an hour of your time will make all the difference and ensure everything planned runs smoothly and successfully.Please have a look at how you can help:
ESA Summer Fair - Saturday 17th June, 10am - 1pm:
A highlight of the school year. Weird & Wonderful animals and the giant inflatables are back! This year we have fun Races for all ages, the fabulous coloured stalls, a visit from Bingley Fire Station and more.
- Set up the fair: Friday 16th June from 1.30pm and Saturday 17th June from 9am - chaps we need you to help lift stalls out on the morning of the fair.
- Man a stall: can you spare 1/2 an hour? Please email email@example.com.
- Coloured Stall - new/good condition items for your child's class stall. See the ESA letter home for details.
- Tombola - new/excellent condition items.
- Teddies/Soft Toys - clean and in good condition.
- Traybakes (Friday afternoon/Saturday morning please)
Gala Theme Day - Thursday, 22nd June:
Please see letter home for full details. The children should dress as Mary Poppins or as a chimney sweep. The ESA are holding a prop shop and an order form is on the letter should you want to order a prop. Closing date for orders is Monday 12th June 2017 at 3.15pm.
- Can you help with props at home? Call into the office for a bag that will have some simple tasks such as threading elastic or cutting kites.
- Can you come to a Crafty Cuppa session in school to help with props: Thursday 8th June at 9am or Wednesday 14th June at 1pm?
The Gala Theme Day/Parade Prop Shop opens on Monday 19th June at 8.30am and 3pm in the Gazebo (Barnaby Rd playground) and at 12.30pm for Nursery.
Gala Parade - Eldwick & Gilstead Gala, Saturday 24th June:
We are hoping as many children as possible will join us for our parade entry dressed in their Mary Poppins or chimney sweep outfits. Adults you are welcome to join us too dressed as Mary or a chimney sweep to help our entry really stand out!
Gala Stall: - the ESA are having a stall at the Eldwick & Gilstead Gala and need 1/2 hour of your time to help sell raffle tickets or man a small games stall. Please help if you can - all monies raised will go towards school's playground improvements. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can spare half an hour.
Please check the School Calendar for ALL the dates you may need - these are just some of the key dates affecting the whole school.
We work hard to provide lots of opportunities for both the children and parents/carers. Please try and support these events:
Music & Arts Service: Musical Instrument Demo Drop In - 3.15pm Thursday 8th June in The Moors (modular building)
Emotional Wellbeing Cafes:
- Confidence Building: Friday 9th June, 9.15am-10.15am at Saltaire Primary
- Growing in Self-Esteem: Friday 16th June, 9.15am-10.15am at Eldwick Primary
- Self Care: Monday 19th June, 2pm – 3pm at Eldwick Primary
- Self-Identity: Friday 23rd June, 9.15am- 10.15am at Eldwick Primary
Refreshments & Cake provided for a donation to Heads Together!
Training Day - School Closed: Friday 7th July 2017
- Nursery : Thursday, 13th July 2017 - NAM at 10.30am, NPM at 12.45pm
- Reception: Friday 30th June at 2pm
- KS 1 (Yrs 1 & 2): Tuesday, 4th July at 1.30pm
- Yrs 3 & 4: Tuesday 11th July at 1.30pm
- Yrs 5 & 6: Friday 14th July at 1.30pm
Moving Up Meetings for Parents/Carers
- New to Yrs 5 & 6 (Sept 17): Thursday 20th July at 2.30pm
- New to Yrs 3 & 4 (Sept 17): Friday 21st July 2017 at 2.30pm
- New to Yrs 1 & 2 (Sept 17): Monday 24th July 2017 at 2.30pm