School Ethos and Values
We provide an education that, for all pupils, unlocks passions, realises potential, nurtures a love of life-long learning and lays the foundations for a fulfilling life in our diverse world.
Our Core Principles
We learn from the past; understand the present; and shape the future
- Our pupils receive a curriculum experience which ensures that they lay the foundations to live in a diverse culture. They learn about the importance of demonstrating the attributes of empathy, acceptance, friendship and humility. The learning ethos is supported by the development of intrinsic motivation among all pupils.
- Our pupils will achieve age related expectations, or better, in Phonics, Reading, Writing, GPS and Maths.
- Our pupils gain powerful knowledge and develop skills through meaningful activities. They engage in rich sporting, cultural, artistic and musical experiences.
- Reading is at the heart of our curriculum: we believe in not only creating effective, proficient readers but also in nurturing a love of reading that all our children will carry with them throughout the rest of their life. Children have access to high quality, challenging texts at every stage of their journey that have been carefully selected and sequenced to expose them to not only a range of different genres and text-types but also voices, experiences and cultures.
- Our staff are committed to continuous improvement. They learn from research, the best practice of others, colleagues and effective professional development.
- Our systems and processes are consistent and clear, providing all staff and pupils with the security to work effectively and creatively within them. We expect everyone to be aligned with our principles and systems while having autonomy.
- Our staff are driven by the moral purpose that all children can achieve high standards. They work relentlessly with our pupils to secure academic success.
- We develop strong and supportive partnerships between pupils, parents, staff and Governors. These are built on mutual respect, shared understanding and trust.
- We empower people to be effective leaders in all areas of school. Leaders exemplify our core principles and work resolutely in the best interests of all.
We are all getting better, all of the time, as a team.